Logitech webcam and USB audio device midi conflict fix
Logitech webcams can cause problems with the built in
windows USB AUDIO DEVICE drivers, these are used by a lot of USB midi
devices and midi keyboards. If your midi is not showing up as a selectable
device in the windows control panel or other 3rd party midi software and
you have a logitech webcam then try this fix which is easy to apply. The
USB midi and logitech fix should allow both your webcam and your midi
device to play nicely together, it does not stop your logitech webcam
or your usb midi device from working.
- Backup your registry first, steps to do this are below.
- Run the .reg file by extracting it first and then double clicking
it. Do so at your own risk, be sure to backup all important work ect.
- Reboot the computer.
- Now you have to uninstall the 'USB AUDIO DEVICE' from the device
manager under sounds and audio devices, unplug the device, and then
replug it again.
- Your midi device should now show up as a selectable device in the
sounds and audio device control panel.
To backup your registry you can follow these steps..
- Click on the Start menu, then select Run.
- Type 'regedit' and click OK, a program will open.
- Click on the File menu, and select Export.
- Set the directory where you are saving the registry file to be your
- Type in any name for the file, and make sure the export range is
set to 'All'.
- Click SAVE, and verify that it has created a backup file on your
To undo the changes this file does to your machine you need only to double
click on the backup created above.